Finding the right balance between concert hall, study hall, great congregational singing hall and all around worship space.
Giving Churches the high quality performance they always wanted for both speech and music.
Making commercial space to meet all of your worship needs everyday.
Making new churches meet all your worship needs on the first day and everyday thereafter.
Breathing new life into churches that are looking to grow in a community.
The better the sound, the easier it is to preach to Gospel without having to compromise the message.
The better the acoustics of the church is for congregational singing, the stronger the fellowship and unity.
The most ignored message from church members is to have better congregational singing.
When there are sound problems in a church, the last place people look for solutions is in the Bible.
The Bible has always had the best solutions to all performance-related sound problems. When following the Biblical method to manage church sound, it is hard to screw it up. All secular methods of managing sound in a church is insulting, expensive and it never works adequately, but Christians have learned to put up with it. JdB Sound Acoustics is an independent consulting company, and we can help you get the best sound for your church.
Here are just a few of the hundreds of churches that have already implemented a Bible based solution so the sound system can meet all the needs of worship flawlessly. Contemporary, traditional, combination services, bridge services, and multipurpose - congregations are demanding better room performance and we know how to balance all of these elements in the pursuit of growing a church. If you can, visit one of these churches. There you can experience what God can do for church sound as well as in your life.
What do you need help with?
Do you need an Independent Consultant?
Do you need the acoustics of your church tested?
Do you need help with the Acoustical design of a new church?
Are you having problems with your sound system?
Do you need your Sound System configured and Equalized to maximize system performance?
Do you need training or teaching?
Do you want us to contact you?
We will not tell you what you like or want to hear, we will tell you the truth of what you need to hear.
Acoustics is very predictable, and do not let anyone tell you differently. Computer modeling is a good tool, but the ability to add all of the parameters of a worship space and show the test results of an acoustical treatment is close enough to be trusted. Trusting computer modeling without the help of an expert in church acoustics will always create false results. As an expert in church acoustics who uses such software, I know. There are better and less expensive methods of creating an acoustic and sound system plan that will work the first time to ensure the best results.
You don’t need to know anything about acoustics, but you should know what goals you want and what level of performance you expect from your worship space and sound system. Make your list and never compromise. Whoever you hire to help your church should be able to tell you after testing your room how well the acoustics and sound system will perform. Put those goals and performance targets into your contract and make it a legally binding condition that if those goals are not met, the designer or contractor will fix those issues at no extra cost to the church.
Here at JdB Sound Acoustics, we have 30 goals that we try reach in every acoustical and sound system design we submit to a church.
1. Eliminate standing waves
2. Eliminate or less floor monitor spill
3. Eliminate deadspots
4. Eliminate hotspots
5. Less sound system distortion
6. Less bass distortion for subwoofers
7. Eliminate echoes
8. Passive parametric room equalization of bass and mid frequencies
9. Eliminate flutter echoes
10. Maximum gain before feedback of a person talking or singing with a single mic to be 4 feet or further. (The greater the distance, the more microphones can be used simultaneously.)
11. Eliminate bass build-up
12. To have an even distribution of sound coverage from front to back and side to side.
13. Highest level speech intelligibility (91-97%Alcons or Sti level of .62-1.0)
14. Elimination of the need for delayed speakers in most churches
15. Improves the performance and sonic quality of the sound system – often over 100%
16. Better stereo sound (for churches with expanded music programs that have a budget to support such a program)
17. People have longer attention spans
18. It makes the room more effortless for the musicians to perform
19. Improved sound for people with hearing aids and those using a loop system or church supplied hearing assist system
20. Easier for the sound-person to get an excellent mix
21. Better and louder congregational singing (bring back the ability to sing in 4 part harmonies)
22. It can reduce or eliminate the need for drum shields or both
23. It makes the room less fatiguing for the minister to preach
24. Fewer to no complaints if the sound system than congregational singing
25. Increases the signal to noise ratio between 18 - 25 dB of acoustic sounds and amplified sound throughout the room
26. Can add up to an octave of clear bass to the speaker system
27. Better bass from musical instruments, both acoustic and amplified
28. It helps to make the space more relaxing to hear speech and music.
29. lowers the sound levels from HVAC systems
30. It makes the sound of children in the sanctuary less intrusive during worship and sermons
If there any physical conditions in the design of a worship space that will limit achieving any of these goals, we will let you know before submitting a final design of the acoustics and sound system.
For the past 30 years, we have been using a 3500 year old technique successfully in hundreds of churches to reach all of these goals in one step. Experimenting is not required.
Please use this list when talking about your sound system and acoustics to other professionals or experts who you trust, or for a second opinion. If you can, read the following articles before hiring the next company to help you with your church sound needs.
722 Peel St
Delhi, Ontario, Canada
Phone: +1 519-582-4443